How can we help?
Start-Up & Shut Down Procedure: Track-Type Tractors
The professional inspection solution
You can conduct this checklist for free on the Checkbuster platform. You can use a lap-top, PC or the free inspection App
Starting The Machine
- Perform walk around inspection
- Mount the machine using 3 points of contact
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to ON
- Engage the parking brake
- Adjust seat, fasten seat belt
- Make sure all implements are grounded
- Move transmission control lever into neutral.
- Move the attachment control levers into HOLD
- Make sure all personnel are clear of machine
- Set the throttle control to LOW IDLE
- Turn the key start switch to ON
- Perform start-up test on EMS or CMS
- Turn the key start switch to START. Crank engine
- Allow machine to warm-up for 5 minutes at low idle
- Engage and disengage attachment controls to help speed warm-up of hydraulic components
- Cycle all controls to allow warm oil to circulate through all cylinders and lines.
- Check gauges and action lights frequently
- If the machine has an EMS, perform second part of start-up test
Moving The Machine
- Make sure area is clear
- Raise all lowered implements.
- Depress brake pedal
- Release parking brake
- Move transmission control to desired direction
- Release brake pedal and check for proper operation
Machine Shut Down
- Park machine on smooth, level area
- Set the parking brake
- Lower all hydraulic implements.
- Move throttle control to LOW IDLE and run 5 minutes
- Turn key start switch to OFF and remove key
- Turn battery disconnect switch to OFF
- Dismount machine using 3-point contact
- Conduct post-operation walkaround inspection