How can we help?
Start-Up & Shut Down Procedure: Landfill Compactors – Waste Industry
The professional inspection solution
You can conduct this checklist for free on the Checkbuster platform. You can use a lap-top, PC or the free inspection App
Starting The Machine
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to ON
- Adjust seat.
- Fasten seat belt.
- Make sure all implements are grounded
- Move transmission lock lever into the LOCKED position
- Engage the parking brake.
- Move the attachment control levers into HOLD & engage attachment lock lever
- Move transmission direction control to neutral
- Make sure all personnel are clear of machine
- Turn the key start switch to ON
- Perform start-up test on EMS, CMS
- Turn the key start switch to START. Crank engine
- Allow machine to warm-up for 5 minutes at low idle
- Engage and disengage attachment controls to help speed warm-up of hydraulic components
- Cycle all controls to allow warm oil to circulate through all cylinders and lines.
- Check gauges and action lights frequently
- If the machine has an EMS, perform second part of start-up test.
Moving The Machine
- Make sure area is clear
- Raise all lowered implements
- Depress brake pedal
- Use horn signals before moving machine
- Release parking brake.
- Move transmission control to desired direction
- Release brake pedal and check for proper operation
Machine Shut Down
- Park machine on smooth, level area.
- Set the parking brake.
- Set steering lock
- Lower and lock all hydraulic implements
- Allow engine to run at LOW IDLE for 5 minutes
- Turn key start switch to OFF and remove key
- Turn battery disconnect switch to OFF
- Dismount machine using 3-point contact
- Conduct post-operation walk around inspection