How can we help?
Start-Up & Shut Down Procedure: D7E Track-Type Tractors
The professional inspection solution
You can conduct this checklist for free on the Checkbuster platform. You can use a lap-top, PC or the free inspection App
Starting The Machine
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to ON
- Engage the parking brake.
- Adjust seat, fasten seat belt
- Make sure all implements are grounded
- Move transmission control lever into neutral
- Verify the attachment control levers into HOLD.
- Make sure all personnel are clear of machine.
- Set the throttle control to LOW IDLE
- Turn the key start switch to ON for Monitor self test.
- Turn the key start switch to START position to start the engine
- Allow machine to warm-up for 5 minutes at low idle
- Cycle implement controls to allow oil to circulate through all cylinders and lines
- Check gauges and display frequently
Moving The Machine
- Make sure area is clear
- Raise all lowered implements
- Depress travel control pedal all the way down
- Release parking brake
- Move transmission control to desired direction.
- Release travel control pedal and check for proper operation
Machine Shut Down
- Park machine on smooth, level area
- Set the parking brake.
- Lower all hydraulic implements
- Move engine speed control to LOW IDLE and run 5 minutes
- Turn key start switch to OFF and remove key
- Turn battery disconnect switch to OFF position
- Dismount machine using 3-point contact.
- Conduct post-operation walkaround inspection